-- Announcements (11/18)
-- About Randonneuring
-- ACP Club Codes
-- Team Events
-- Online Store
-- Accident Reporting
-- Photo Gallery
-- Rider Stories
-- PBP: Paris-Brest-Paris
The P-12 Award is earned by riding a sub-200km
randonneuring event in each of 12 consecutive months.
The counting sequence can commence during any
month of the year but must continue uninterrupted for another 11 months.
Events that count toward the P-12 Award are:
- Any populaire (100km - 199km) on the RUSA calendar.
- Any dart of less than 200km.
- Any RUSA permanent of 100km - 199km. A particular permanent route may be ridden more than
once during the twelve-month period for P-12 credit.
The award is modeled on the R-12 award.
It is intended to encourage
riding shorter events, particularly in harsh climates where longer rides
might not be offered.
Which month is credited?
- If an event straddles two months (e.g., July 31st-August 1st),
it counts toward the month in which the event begins.
- The scheduled date of the ride determines which month is credited.
If the applicant rides a
workers' pre-ride that falls in the month preceding the scheduled date,
e.g., a ride on 3/29 for a populaire scheduled for 4/4,
the scheduled month (in this case, April) gets credit.
- If the event is postponed into the next month
(e.g., a 4/25 populaire postponed to 5/2), the scheduled month
(in this case, April) gets credit.
- Permanents are considered to be scheduled on the date actually ridden.
If the date of the ride needs to be changed, it is treated as a new
arrangement to ride the permanent.
- The P-12 counts a series of months
in which one or more sub-200km rides were completed.
Therefore, a given month can only be used towards one P-12 award and
one may earn only one P-12 award during a twelve-month period.
- The applicant must be a RUSA member during each of the twelve months.
- Rides of 200km or more cannot be substituted for shorter ones.
RUSA congratulates the
riders who earned and applied for the P-12 award.
Apply for this award
Revision: December 18, 2014
Please direct questions, comments, or problem reports to the webmaster.
© Copyright 2014, Randonneurs USA,
except as noted otherwise.