-- Announcements (10/27)
-- About Randonneuring
-- ACP Club Codes
-- Team Events
-- Online Store
-- Accident Reporting
-- Photo Gallery
-- Rider Stories
-- PBP: Paris-Brest-Paris
The R-12 Award is earned by riding a 200km (or longer)
randonneuring event in each of 12 consecutive months.
The counting sequence can commence during any
month of the year but must continue uninterrupted for another 11 months.
Events that count toward the R-12 Award are:
- Any event on the RUSA calendar 200km or longer.
- Foreign ACP-sanctioned brevets and team events (flèches),
Paris-Brest-Paris, and RM-sanctioned events of 1200km or longer.
- RUSA permanents - a particular permanent route may be ridden more than
once during the twelve-month period for R-12 credit.
- RUSA sanctioned Super Randonnée permenants.
Which month is credited?
- If an event straddles two months (e.g., July 31st-August 1st),
it counts toward the month in which the event begins.
- The scheduled date of the ride determines which month is credited.
If the applicant rides a
workers' pre-ride that falls in the month preceding the scheduled date,
e.g., a ride on 3/29 for a brevet scheduled for 4/4,
the scheduled month (in this case, April) gets credit.
- If the event is postponed into the next month
(e.g., a 4/25 brevet postponed to 5/2), the scheduled month
(in this case, April) gets credit.
- Permanents are considered to be scheduled on the date actually ridden.
If the date of the ride needs to be changed, it is treated as a new
arrangement to ride the permanent.
- The R-12 counts a series of months
in which one or more 200km+ randonnées was ridden.
Therefore, a given month can only be used towards one R-12 award and
one may earn only one R-12 award during a twelve-month period.
- The applicant must be a RUSA member during each of the twelve months.
RUSA congratulates the
riders who earned and applied for the R-12 award.
Apply for this award
Awards are processed on a quarterly basis (every three calendar months)
and there is some processing time to produce the award before it is delivered.
Revision: October 27, 2014
Please direct questions, comments, or problem reports to the webmaster.
© Copyright 2014, Randonneurs USA,
except as noted otherwise.